Join us Sunday, December 29 for the grand opening of the Sun Mountain Lodge Gallery and a “meet and greet” with the artists!
Sun Mountain Lodge is collaborating with curators Donna Keyser and Laura Karcher to offer a new location for artists to sell and guests to see great local artwork. It’s called simply “The Gallery” and on December 29th from 4-7pm they’re throwing an inaugural party.
Since many locals choose to live here for the outdoor experience and visitors come for the same, The Gallery sells work that reflects the natural world or has a western theme. Sun Mountain Lodge has a long history of supporting efforts that preserve the natural and historic beauty of the Methow Valley. Building on this conservation mind-set The Gallery highlights artists who also believe in this ethic.
WINTER EXHIBIT ARTISTS: Anna Rogers, Susan Donahue, Kathy Meyers, Cheryl Wrangle, Donna Keyser, Dan Brown, Caryl Campbell, Laurie Fry
- Pastel artist Laurie Fry has been part of Sun Mountain Lodge for years. When she isn’t teaching folks at the Lodge how to ski she’s up in the hills, winter and summer gathering ideas for new artwork.
- Gallery co-curator Donna Keyser takes anywhere from weeks to years to finish door sized paintings she describes as her ‘emotional response to nature’.
- Scientist and artist Caryl Campbell, paints bold, multi layered, provocative works that encompass the beauty and horror of nature. An avid hiker, Caryl’s art reflects her wilderness experiences.
- Cheryl Wrangle originally was a sculptor, but for many years has focused on painting. She turns landscapes into sensuous, dreamy paintings. In contrast to lifelong artist Cheryl Wrangle,
- Susan Donahue is a relative newcomer. This is the first public exhibit of her realistic landscapes and her talent and dedication are obvious.
- Anna Rogers’ work is bold and abstract, but you can certainly see its roots, the power and intensity of nature, in the forms she paints.
- Multi talented, multi media, artist and educator Dan Brown brings an eclectic mix of art that reflects his sense of humor and love of nature and…fish. His work also shows off his amazing ability to upcycle all kinds of random materials that many of us might see as trash.
- Kathy Meyers and Laura Kemp both paint western landscapes and horses. Kemp paints with delicacy and detail that must be seen to be believed. Meyer’s style is energetic and impressionistic.
Sun Mountain Lodge has an abundance of fun holiday events scheduled. On the same night as The Gallery party Terry Hunt plays classical guitar in the grand lobby. So folks can double, or perhaps triple up on events at the Lodge. Why not throw in a hike or dinner while you’re there!
The Gallery is located right off the main corridor
between the grand lobby and the dining and activities areas.
Sales for The Gallery are handled through the giftshop or the front desk
if the Gift Shop is closed.
For more information, please call the Gift Shop at (509) 996-4716.