Piero Antinori Wine Event: Feb. 9-10, 2018
This Diamonds & Pearls event includes:
- Friday, February 9: Wine Cellar reception 6-7 pm with Paul Asikainen, National Wine Educator for Chateau Ste. Michelle.
- Saturday, February 10: Dinner for two in the Dining Room at 6 pm. (This special dinner will be served instead of our regular dinner menu.)
- A one night stay for two in a Lodge Room.
- Four-course Wine Dinner Package for two starts at $407 for the wine dinner and a room at the Lodge (Add an extra night for $100, excluding Patterson Lake Cabins. Dinner-only price is $125/person plus tax and tip. )
Please call 800.572.0493 ext. 707 for more information and reservations.
The gourmet four-course meal from Executive Chef Tyler Krost and Pastry Chef Samantha Huntsman will be exquisitely paired with the fine wines of Piero Antinori.
- Lobster Bisque—Grilled lobster tail, prawn, baby kale, saffron lobster bisque
Wine: Antica Chardonnay
- Amuse Bouche: Clams baked on the half shell—Manilla clam, bread crumbs, butter, fried capers
- Wagyu Beef Flat Iron Steak—Root vegetable hash, flat iron steak, goat cheese cream
Wine: 2009 Shining Hill Red Wine
- Parsnip purée, flat iron steak, Col Solare reduction
Wine: 2013 Col Solare Red Wine
- Chocolate Paté—Blackberry rum coulis, almond tuile, crystallized ginger
Wine: 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Antica
Paul Asikainen’s Bio:
As National Wine Educator for Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, he is responsible for a wide breadth of educational activities representing the entire portfolio of domestic and import wines. Paul is certified through the Court of Master Sommeliers and Society of Wine Educators and holds a degree in Marketing from Creighton University.
Previously, Paul spent seven years managing Conn Creek Winery the historic and long time Ste. Michelle “pearl” in Napa Valley. Paul has a diverse background in hospitality management, wine list development and creating educational experiences that span nearly two decades. In addition, he has spent time in the most important vineyards and wineries of Ste. Michelle’s import partners located in France, Italy, Spain, Chile and New Zealand. Paul’s sophisticated knowledge of wine and food, combined with his Mid-western warmth and gregarious personality, make him the quintessential presenter.
Paul and his wife Meghan, both Kansas City natives, reside in St. Helena, California.