Erath’s Willamette Valley Wine Event: MAY 18-19, 2018
This Diamonds & Pearls event includes:
- Friday, May 18: Wine Cellar reception 6-7 pm with Paul Mentzer, Wine Educator.
- Saturday, May 19: Dinner for two in the Dining Room at 6 pm. (This special dinner will be served instead of our regular dinner menu.)
- A one night stay for two in a Lodge Room.
- Four-course Wine Dinner Package for two starts at $407 for the wine dinner and a room at the Lodge (Add an extra night for $100, excluding Patterson Lake Cabins. Dinner-only price is $125/person plus tax and tip. )
Please call 800.572.0493 ext. 707 for more information and reservations.
The gourmet four-course meal from Executive Chef Tyler Krost and Pastry Chef Samantha Huntsman will be exquisitely paired with the fine wines of Erath Winery.
- Spring Salad—Smoked trout, local greens, Sunny Pine Farm goat cheese, almonds, stone fruit vinaigrette
Wine: Willakia Chardonnay 2014
- Fontina Ravioli—Morel mushrooms, Walla Walla sweet onions, arugula, Parmigiano Reggiano
Wine: Estate Selection Pinot Noir 2014
- Pancetta Wrapped Lamb Tenderloin—mustard greens, Bordeaux glaze
Wine: Leland Pinot Noir 2014
- Pavlova—roasted rhubarb, honey mascarpone cream, blackberry cognac coulis
Wine: Oregon Rosé of Pinot Noir 2016
Paul Mentzer’s Bio:
Following the award of his BSC from Purdue University in Horticulture, Paul Mentzer began his professional career in research at Purdue while simultaneously completing master’s level coursework in entomology. Paul continued his career in geological sciences and technology until which time he discovered a latent interest in wine sparked through employment in wine sales in the Phoenix area commencing in 2001. Completing his CSW (Certified Specialist of Wine) in 2007 served to strengthen his desire to learn more about wine. Paul relocated to Oregon in 2012 to pursue his passion, advancing his studies in viticulture and winemaking at the Northwest Viticultural Center in Salem, simultaneously beginning service with Erath Winery in guest services. Paul was the vineyard operations intern at Erath in 2014 & 2015 and assisted its winemaker, Gary Horner, in the 2014 vintage. Paul has served since that time as Wine Educator for Guest Services, assisting in the development of educational programs and wine flights for staff and visitors.