Patz & Hall Wine Event: Feb. 15-16, 2019
This Diamonds & Pearls event includes:
- Friday, February 15: Join us in the wine cellar and meet Paul Asikainen, National Wine Educator for Chateau Ste. Michelle, 6-7 pm.
- Saturday, February 16: The gourmet four-course meal from Executive Chef Tyler Krost and Pastry Chef Samantha Huntsman will be exquisitely paired with the fine wines of Patz & Hall — in the Dining Room at 6 pm.
- Four-course Wine Dinner for two starts at $125 per person
- $130 per night lodging rate or $437 package rate (includes 1 room, 2 wine dinners, and tip).
Please call 800.572.0493 ext. 707 for more information and reservations.
- Carpaccio / Snake Rivers Farm Beef / Winter Truffles / capers / lemon / extra virgin olive oil / Parmeggiano Reggiano
Wine: 2015 Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
- Anderson Farm Rack of Lamb / Mushroom Potato Hash / Parsnip puree / Thyme Brown Butter
Wine: 2014 Gap’s Crown Vineyard Pinot Noir
- Bruleed Cheese Cake with Granny Smith apples
Wine: 2015 Dutton Ranch Russian River Valley Chardonnay
Paul Asikainen’s Bio:
As National Wine Educator for Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, he is responsible for a wide breadth of educational activities representing the entire portfolio of domestic and import wines. Paul is certified through the Court of Master Sommeliers and Society of Wine Educators and holds a degree in Marketing from Creighton University.
Previously, Paul spent seven years managing Conn Creek Winery the historic and long time Ste. Michelle “pearl” in Napa Valley. Paul has a diverse background in hospitality management, wine list development and creating educational experiences that span nearly two decades. In addition, he has spent time in the most important vineyards and wineries of Ste. Michelle’s import partners located in France, Italy, Spain, Chile and New Zealand. Paul’s sophisticated knowledge of wine and food, combined with his Mid-western warmth and gregarious personality, make him the quintessential presenter.
Paul and his wife Meghan, both Kansas City natives, reside in St. Helena, California.