ACTIVITIES UPDATE: May 1, 2021
Outdoor Fun at the Perfect Social Distancing Destination!
- Activities Shop: We are open for the season!
- Hiking –You can now hike the entire loop on Patterson Mountain – just a bit of snow left on the north side. Sunnyside, Lakeview and View Ridge are good, Kraule is OK with some snow. Moose and the south end of the Black Bear trail are good, the north end is still snow covered.
- Wildflower Season is in bloom! Visit the trails listed above to view Yellowbells, Bluebells, Spring Beauties, Arrowleaf Balsamroot and the first Lupine of the season!
- Mountain Biking: Rentals are now available. Many trails are cleared and in great condition, and some still have snow. Please check with the Activities Shop for current information. There are 2 new trails accessible from the Twisp River side of Thompson Ridge: “Cowbell”, an intermediate trail, and “Coal Creek”, a Black Diamond trail with amazing views! These aren’t on the local trail maps yet but you can download the Trail Forks App and find them there.
- Horseback Riding – Horseback trail rides are up and running!
- Please, leave no trace. Please pack out what you pack in while enjoying the trails.
- Tennis Courts are open and racquets are available from the Front Desk.
- Boat Rentals are available at Patterson Lake via the Activities Shop. Patterson Lake is open year-round for fishing.
With over 3,000 acres of magnificent wilderness as your private playground, Sun Mountain Lodge offers fun-filled activities for every age and ability. Described as a “recreational fantasyland” by the Lonely Planet, we invite you to create the family vacation of your dreams. Explore all of the activities options below!