ACTIVITIES UPDATE: July 2021
Outdoor Fun at the Perfect Social Distancing Destination!
- Activities Shop: We are open for the summer season!
- Hiking –Most of the trails are in great shape.
- There are still wildflowers to see! Hike our trails to see the progression of the wildflower season. Later-season flowers are coming into bloom now around the Lodge, and some of the early season wildflowers are still blooming in the shady spots.
- Mountain Biking: Rentals are available. Quantities are limited, and reservations are recommended. Most trails are cleared and in great condition. Please check with the Activities Shop for current information. There are 2 new trails accessible from the Twisp River side of Thompson Ridge: “Cowbell”, an intermediate trail, and “Coal Creek”, a Black Diamond trail with amazing views! These aren’t on the local trail maps yet but you can download the Trail Forks App and find them there.
- Horseback Riding – Horseback trail rides are up and running!
- Please, leave no trace. Please pack out what you pack in while enjoying the trails.
- Tennis Courts are open and racquets are available from the Activities Shop.
- Rowboat, SUP and Kayak Rentals are available for our guests at Patterson Lake. Patterson Lake is open year-round for fishing. Fishing licenses are required, and can be purchased in Winthrop.
- The Mt. Robinson pool and hot tub and main Lodge pool are open daily from 10 AM-10 PM. The honor system is in place: please be courteous to your fellow guests.
With over 3,000 acres of magnificent wilderness as your private playground, Sun Mountain Lodge offers fun-filled activities for every age and ability. Described as a “recreational fantasyland” by the Lonely Planet, we invite you to create the family vacation of your dreams. Explore all of the activities options below!